SEE YOU SOON!
Due to Australia’s amazing effort in suppressing the spread of COVID-19, our campuses across Australia will return to Face to Face classes on the 8th of June.
As always, the wellbeing of our students remains our top priority, so we’re taking some
important steps to ensure the safety of all members of our #LexisFamily.
Read about our cleaning, hygiene and scheduling policies below, plus get answers on any questions you might have.
All Lexis Vocational courses will continue to be delivered online until further notice.
#QUESTION AND ANSWER
We are here to make your transition back into Face to Face classes as easy as possible.
If you have more questions that are not listed below please contact your Campus Manager.
Q: What measures is Lexis English taking to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff on campus?
- Students will be allocated their own seat in their classroom, and we will ask that they do not move furniture around during the lesson.
- Anyone with cold or flu symptoms will be asked to stay away from school until they have received the ‘all clear’ from a doctor.
- We will ensure that hand sanitiser will be available in every classroom, and at the entrances to the school.
- We will have ongoing cleaning throughout the day of all common areas and classrooms. Bathrooms/toilets will be cleaned after every break.
Q: What if I am not comfortable with returning to Face to Face classes?
- We are very pleased that we will be able to return to Face to Face teaching on Monday the 8th of June, 2020. This decision is based on the recommendations of both Federal and State governments.
- This means that online teaching will discontinue from Friday the 5th of June, 2020.
It’s very important for visa purposes that you maintain full attendance in the Face to Face classes.
Q: Can I use the kitchen facilities?
- We will be removing all plates, cups, knives and forks from kitchens. If you’d like to use the kitchen, it’s important that you bring your own utensils in each day, and take them
- Shared tea, coffee and sugar will be removed until further notice, but hot water will continue to be available if you would like to bring in your own supplies.
Q: What will the teaching schedule be?
- To minimise student movement within the campus and to help us maintain social distancing rules, you will stay with the same teacher for 4 hours per day (plus a 30 minute lunch break) – this applies to both day and evening schedules.
- General English Options classes will be substituted with a skills based lesson with your teacher.
- GIL will be self-study and you must remain in your designated classroom space. Teacher assistance during this time will continue as normal.
- Until further notice, we will only be able to offer a very limited activity schedule.
- Job Workshops will be available – contact your Reception staff to book.
Q: Do I need to wear a face mask?
That’s completely up to you! We strongly encourage all students and staff to take all necessary personal protective measures though, and your choice to wear a mask would be appreciated.
We’re very pleased that we will be able to welcome all of our students back to class on June 8th, and we sincerely appreciate your cooperation in ensuring that we can remain safe and COVID free over the coming months!