The Cambridge CELTA is the world’s most recognised English language teaching qualification and your passport to a new and exciting career in TEFL.
Successful candidates will be able to use this qualification to teach in schools in Australia and abroad. Our four week and 10 week courses offer a variety of delivery options leading to the award of the internationally recognised certificate. During the course you will receive hands on, practical instruction on all essential elements of English language teaching and practical teaching experience with real students!
The course will cover:
- The general principles and techniques of teaching and learning a foreign language
- The English language: linguistic form, function, meaning and phonology
- Teaching and learning the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Classroom techniques: presentation, practice, checking learning, error analysis, correction, classroom management, group work and pair work
- Lesson planning: course planning; timetables
- Different learning and teaching styles at adult level, adult learners’ motivations and learning styles
- Professional development
> Not available to student visa holders.