The Cambridge CELTA is the world’s most recognised English language teaching qualification and your passport to a new and exciting career in TEFL.
Successful candidates will be able to use this qualification to teach in schools in Australia and abroad. Our four week and 10-week courses offer a variety of delivery options leading to the award of the internationally recognised certificate. During the course, you will receive hands-on, practical instruction on all essential elements of English language teaching and practical teaching experience with real students!
The course will cover:
- The general principles and techniques of teaching and learning a foreign language
- The English language: linguistic form, function, meaning and phonology
- Teaching and learning the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Classroom techniques: presentation, practice, checking learning, error analysis, correction, classroom management, group work and pair work
- Lesson planning: course planning; timetables
- Different learning and teaching styles at adult level, adult learners’ motivations and learning styles
- Professional development
> Not available to student visa holders.