Top things to do in Perth in the summer sun!
Today we welcomed 14 new students in perfect Perth weather. It’s sunny and 25 degrees! Now that the weather is (finally) warming up, Perth will really come alive with things to do and events to take part in!
1. Scarborough night markets: This is number one on our list because it’s so easy to get to! If you live in Scarborough, it’s just walking distance! Every Thursday night, grab your friends to try over 60 different kinds of food, drink and dessert right on the beach. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures and use the hashtag #scarboroughsunsetmarkets so everyone can see your photos!
2. Go see a movie: For those of you who have had enough sun, Innaloo has a fantastic cinema where you can really put those English skills to use! Every Monday you can buy $8 student tickets, so you don’t have to worry about going broke just to see a film!
Some films you might be interested in seeing:
- Frozen II
- Last Christmas
- Zombieland: Double Tap
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
3. See some live music at El Grotto: This is another one within walking distance for many of you. El Grotto has live music, and for early arrivals, some shows cost as little as 5 dollars! This weekend, you can see the band Randa and the Soul Kingdom for some funky tunes. If you like dancing or just want to grab a drink and listen, this one is for you!
4. Go snorkelling in Mettams Pool: One of the best things about living in Perth is the beach! If you’re looking for something to do that’s a little more exciting than sunbathing, you can try snorkelling in nearby Mettams Pool. The formation of the rocks ensures that the water in Mettams Pool is calm, but teeming with sea life. This area is unpatrolled, so always be sure to check the safety conditions before you go, and never swim alone! It’s more fun with friends, anyway.
5. A Lexis English activity!
Don’t forget that Lexis has a range of fun activities to do, especially when the weather is nice! On Wednesday mornings, we offer yoga classes. There are also surfing lessons at special student rates, and conversation club if you’d prefer to stay out of the sun! Many of our fun activities are only available by signing up, so don’t forget to write your name on the list at reception.
Do you have any other recommendations for your classmates? What is your favourite thing to do in Perth? Comment and tell us!