CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Lexis English - Brisbane; Byron Bay; Noosa/Sunshine Coast; Perth, are hereinafter referred to as the College
- Your course is defined as the total period of study for which you have enrolled and paid fees
***Lexis English Perth only*** Your course is defined in blocks of 20 or less study weeks. Periods of study greater than 20 weeks are divided into blocks. Eg: a student who enrols for 30 weeks would have 2 study periods, the first 20 weeks duration and the second 10weeks duration.
- In the absence of any agreement to the contrary, your place in a course will not be confirmed until fees are received and our bank has confirmed your payment
- Cancellations are not effective until they are received in writing
- The registration fee is not refundable (exception Clause 10)
- All fees except the Registration Fee, will be refunded if you are not granted a visa.
- If you cancel your course 28 days or more before your course commencement date, all fees except the Registration Fee will be refunded. If you cancel your course less than 28 days before your course commencement date, a cancellation fee of 20% of tuition fees will apply. All other fees except the registration fee will be refunded. No tuition fees will be refunded if you advise cancellation on or after your course commencement date. (with the exception of clause 7)
- ***Lexis English Perth only*** students who are enrolled in a period of study longer than 10 weeks and who cancel their course in the first four weeks of study are entitled to a refund of 30% of tuition fees paid. There will be no refund after the first 4 weeks of a study period. Students who have enrolled in more than one period of study eg: more than 20 weeks, will be entitled to a full refund of fees for any following period of study not commenced.
- If you defer the date of commencement of your course, then later cancel your course, prior to the new commencement date, the cancellation policy will apply from the original course state date not the deferred start date.
- The Accommodation Placement Fee and/or Airport Transfer Fee are not refundable if you advise us less than 2 weeks before your commencement date that you wish to cancel the service. You may also be liable for 2 weeks Homestay fees if a replacement student cannot be found. No refund of the initial 4 weeks Homestay fees will be made if you leave Homestay during that period. Cancellation and refund policies that apply to other forms of accommodation will be notified at the time of booking.
- Where we do not offer an advertised course, or withdraw the delivery of the course prior to its completion, you will be offered within 2 weeks, a refund of the full amount of course fees paid to date. Alternatively, you may be offered a suitable alternative course at no extra cost. You have the right to choose a full refund or the offer of placement in another course.
- Applications for refunds must be in writing and addressed the The Registrar – Lexis English English Centres.
- Any refunds payable under this policy (with the exception those payable under Clause 10) will be made within 4 weeks of receiving the written refund application
- Refunds will only be paid in the same currency in which fees were collected, and paid to the person who entered into the contract. We require written direction from the student to refund to another party
- Lexis English may make reasonable variations to the delivery of programs eg: course times, timetables, classrooms. Students will be provided with reasonable advanced notice should this occur and will have the opportunity to access the internal complaints and appeals process should they feel disadvantaged by any such variation.
- In all cases of suspension and/or expulsion due to non-compliance with the student Code of Conduct, no refund of monies paid to the College will be made unless required by law.
These regulations may be waived only in exceptional circumstances by the Executive Management of the college at their absolute discretion.
Student Code of Conduct:
Students will be subject to suspension and/or expulsion at the absolute discretion of the College (subject to natural justice, and except as otherwise implied by law) for persistent and/or serious infringement of the student code of conduct as follows:
- Not conforming with the reasonable directions of the College: misconduct, and posing or presenting an unacceptable medical, physical, or moral threat to the well-being of others
- Causing wilful damage to college and/or other students’ property
- Use or distribution of prohibited drugs
- Being convicted of any criminal offence whilst a student with the College
- Unacceptable social behaviour in any accommodation arranged by the College
- Being in contravention of the Australian Government Immigration/Migration Laws (visa requirements).
Your agreement to be bound by the General Conditions of Enrolment and the Refund and Cancellation Policy and the Indemnity Declaration does not remove your right to take action under the College’s disputes resolution policy, or Australia’s consumer protection laws, or to pursue other legal remedies.
If you have school-aged dependants who will accompany you to Australia, you will be required to pay full fees for their schooling, whether they enrol in a government or a non-government school.
In accordance with the laws of Australia:
- The personal information you provide to us or is obtained about you prior to or during your period of enrolment with us, will be regarded as confidential and will be used for the purpose of processing your enrolment and providing you with the services you request. However, in this process, it may be disclosed to relevant third parties including your family, homestay families, agents, further studies institutions, the Australian Government, the Fund Manager of the ESOS Assurance Fund, other statutory bodies and various employees of the College as required.
- We are obliged to advise the government of certain changes to a student’s enrolment and any breach of Student Visa conditions.
- Student Visa students under 18 years of age not accompanied by their parents or living with close family members whilst in Australia, must have their proposed accommodation and carer arrangements approved by the College prior to their enrolment being accepted. We can make suitable carer arrangements if required.
- Student Visa students must study in a CRICOS registered full-time course.
- Student Visa students who are granted work rights may do part-time work or work experience of up to 20 hours per week and only in addition to full-time study.
By signing this Declaration the student, or in the case of a student under the age of 18, the parent(s) and or legal guardian(s) agree that the College, its officers, teachers, employees, representatives and agents shall not be held responsible and/or be under liability as far as permitted by the law of the Country of Australia and/or will not make any claim against them for the student’s death, bodily injury, disability, loss, damages and/or property damage which may be sustained by the student and/or which may be caused by the student in connection with or during the period of the student’s attendance at any premises owned/leased, operated or controlled by the College, the student attending activities and/or excursions and/or in any accommodation arranged for the student. Further, the student, or in the case of a student under the age of 18, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s), agrees to pay any direct and/or indirect costs incurred by the College in relation to these activities where a student attends and participates in activities and/or excursions (whether sporting, cultural, social, educational, recreational or otherwise) organised by or on behalf of or with the assistance of the College or of which we have knowledge.
Where a student who is under 18 years of age is accepted for enrolment as a student at the College, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) further consent and agree that the College at its absolute discretion may when it considers it desirable and/or essential seek and provide medical and/or optical and/or dental treatment for the student. In such cases, such costs whether direct and/or indirect will be met by the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s). If the College has been obliged to incur costs on behalf of the student in such circumstances the costs will be repaid to the College by the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) on demand.
By signing the declaration I hereby give consent for the staff at LEXIS ENGLISH Perth to release my academic results and/or attendance to my parents, registered agent and/or further studies institutions, and personal details to government or statutory bodies, in accordance with the ESOS Act 2001. I give authority for LEXIS ENGLISH Perth to use my photograph for the purpose of promoting the college. Such promotion may be under the name of Lexis English, or LEXIS ENGLISH or LEXIS ENGLISH Perth. Furthermore, I authorise my photograph to be used in conjunction with a testimonial either provided by me or approved by me for this purpose.
The aforementioned shall also extend to executors, administrators and assigns of the signatory.